I don’t remember where I found this recipe, but I LOVE it!
There are soooo many things you can do with it (like my Ham & Cheese Almost Calzone). I usually separate it & freeze it so I can make little pizzas, calzones, bread sticks – even fried dough!
And don’t freak out – there are 9 steps, but if I can do it, anyone can.
- 3 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tbs Yeast
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pour warm water into bowl
- Add Honey & Salt, mix until blended
- Add Yeast, mix
- Let this mixture sit for around 5 minutes, get a drink & check your e-mail
- Add 1 cup of flour & the olive oil, mix
- Slowly, add the rest of the flour & mix (stir frequently)
- It will kind of ball up, knead for a minute, put in a covered bowl & wait…
- After 45 minutes, punch it down, let it rise again
- Done, finally.
||The total amount of points is, gasp, 59 but that is for the whole ball of dough.
Depending on how you divide it, the points go way down.
(Be sure to roll it THIN)