Posts Tagged ‘Breakfast
What can I say, I love a good avocado. While it is sometimes a struggle to get my family to eat something green, I am on this like white on rice.
Most times all I need is a vessel for an avocado. Sometimes it is a spoon. Or a Salad. Maybe a tortilla chip?
This time it was a slice of toasted homemade bread.
You can’t get easier than a slice of toast. Yummy for breakfast, delish with lunch. Really, it is an anytime dish.
The Juice of a Lime
Bread of your choice
1) Start to toast your bread
2) Put the Avocado into a bowl
3) Add the Juice of a Lime (more or less, to your taste)
4) Add a pinch of Sea Salt
5) Use a fork to mash it all up
6) Top your slices of bread with as much or as little of the avocado goodness as you want.
See, really that easy. Would I lie?
I love muffins. I love the tops of muffins. I do not love my muffin top.
These are obviously healthy – they are made WITH bananas!
I even froze a bunch and have been eating them from the freezer. GASP! I know – does not sound like somehting I would do. But, I have to tell you – I pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds and savor every precious moment with it.
1 ½ cups all purpose flour (I used organic, not sure if that makes a difference. Next batch will be made with whole wheat! CRAZY!)
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 tablespoons Corn Starch
½ teaspoon Salt
4 Ripe Bananas (mine were scary looking)
¾ cup sugar (I used organic cane sugar, seems similar to brown sugar)
3 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
3 tablespoons Butter, (melted)
Liberal Dash (1 tablespoon-ish) Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven, put liners in the cupcake pan.
- Cut up the bananas (I just broke them into pieces) and add them into a bowl
- Add the sugar, coconut oil, egg, butter and mix. (I used my trusty ol’ mixer)
- Once combined, add the baking powder, baking soda, corn starch, and ½ cup of the flour and mix again.
- Keep adding the flour until you incorporated it all.
- Spoon into Muffin Tin
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Mine needed 17 Minutes.
I bet they would be even better with some walnuts or, dare I say it, chocolate chips? Next time, for sure!
Wow, I have to say this was both easy & awesome. I love it when a plan comes together.
Who doesn’t love a nice waffle??? Serve it with some fruit to bulk it up