“Do you want to build a snowman?” sings Anna
“No, I want to make snow ice cream!” replies Elsa.
Have you seen Frozen? Obviously, this is not how this song goes… but it would be if I was involved.
I equated Snow Ice Cream to the Abominable Snowman… something that was just a figment of an over active imitation.
However, I kept seeing it pop up on Facebook and on the internet. Finally, after 48 inches of the fluffy white stuff fell, I attempted my first pint of ‘snow cream’.
I followed this recipe from all recipes and let ‘er rip. Obviously, since I can’t wait to make this again, it should now stop snowing in the North East….
Since it was ice cream – it needed a topping…. You see where I am going with this, right?
Large bowl of “clean” snow (yellow snow is NOT clean)
½ gallon of milk (I used whole milk)
½ cup white sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla (I may have over done it a bit…. )
1. Wait for it to snow – a lot…
2. Fill a large bowl with ice cream and bring it in the house
3. In a separate bowl, mix the milk, sugar and vanilla until the sugar dissolves.
4. Stick your finger in the mix and make sure it tastes sweet
5. Add the snow by large cup fills, stirring to mix the contents
6. Taste liberally as you mix 7. Put a scoop in a bowl, add chips and call yourself done