When I make Potato and Eggs I generally leave out the eggs… What? Yup, you read that right.
But it got a little boring eating only potatoes and onion. Until one fateful day when I got a little creative (what can I say, Ham Steak was on sale).
I would argue Denny’s makes something similar and probably calls it home fries, or hash browns or something equally exotic.
Either way, I was thoroughly excited with this simple Potato, Onion and Ham skillet sensation.
1 Honey Ham Steak
1 Small Onion
2 Potatoes (I believe I used Yukon Gold. I got them at the farmer’s market – FANCY!)
1 TBS Olive Oil
Sea Salt (to Taste)
Pepper (to Taste)
Paprika (a heavy handed sprinkle)
1) Cut everything up (It just makes life easier)
2) Heat the Olive Oil in a skillet over Medium-High Heat
3) Add the potatoes and let them start to brown, stirring occasionally (Five minutes-ish)
4) Add the Onion, let them start to cook, stirring occasionally (Four minutes-ish)
5) Add the Sea Salt, Pepper and Paprika, another few minutes-ish
6) Add the Ham Steak, let it warm through
I ate a very hearty portion of this…. and then went back for more. Doofy Dizee!