I would like to introduce you to my Go-To Chicken. It’s simple, quick and yummy. My kind of chicken.
I use it on salads, as the base for my chicken salad, or, most often, like this – served alone with a side of avocado & cilantro. AKA – a little slice of heaven.
This maybe a no-brainer for some people, but this was exciting for me, a woman who has a fear of francese ….
Chicken Breasts- I usually make 3 thin sliced ones
2 Lemons – more or less depending on the above
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt, to taste
Garlic Powder, to taste (I dump a liberal amount…)
- Add the chicken to a zip lock bag
- Squeeze the lemons into the bag
- Add the Olive Oil, Salt & Garlic Powder to the bag
- Close the Bag (this is so important it is getting its own step.)
- Shake that bag like you are “Living laVida Loca” (I love that song… sorry)
- I usually marinate it overnight, but I have also made it right away. It’s still tasty if a little less lemony… it’s all good.
- Heat a skillet on the stove over medium heat
- Dump the contents of the bag onto the skillet once it is warm.
- Now, it is going to look a little odd for a bit and you will wonder if I led you astray. The marinade will start to look white and you will worry about the chicken cooking. It will be alright!
- I usually flip it once or twice to make sure I get the pink out of the chicken. Eventually (8-10 minutes later) all the juice will cook off and your chicken will start to become golden brown. It’s a good time to flip the chicken again.
- Cut into that bad boy to make sure it is done.
I usually make this with an avocado dip on the side – mix together avocado, cilantro, salt, garlic powder & the juice of one lime.
Wow!! 2 recipes for the price of 1!!!