Can my life be altered by a potato?
I love baked potatoes but never have the time to actually “bake” it. Usually, I just throw it in the good ol’ microwave wrapped in a paper towel.
This week, while trying to do the aforementioned “cooking” I drew a total blank on how long to microwave my potato. 8 minutes? 10 minutes? I couldn’t remember.
So, I did what everyone does nowadays – I googled it. Unfortunately, it was from my phone and I can no longer find the correct link! I am sorry! It was from an e-how page.
This particular post suggested rubbing the potato with olive oil. I thought – why the heck not! This here, my friends, is the pivotal part of this story. I believe this step is what separates the men from the spuds.
My potato was FANTASTIC! And crispy! And done in 10 minutes! Whoop!
A Smidge of Olive Oil
Sea Salt, To Taste
Toppings of your choice (be bold!)
- Wash the dirty potato
- Poke holes in the now clean potato
- Lather up that potato with some olive oil
- Add a little salt if you feel like it
- Place the potato in a microwave safe bowl (like my Pyrex)
- Microwave for 4-5 minutes
- Flip it over with a fork (this puppy is hot!)
- Microwave for another 4 minutes
- Let the bad boy sit for another minute or two
All I added was a little butter, salt, pepper and some freshly shredded Colby Jack cheese. I have become a shredded cheese snob – I like to grate it fresh! I can definitely taste a difference!
Soon, I am going to move onto loaded potatoes!!! CRAZY DIZEE!