Is everyone ready for something that DOESN’T contain Coconut Oil? I know, shocking coming out of my kitchen.
Now that I am on Pinterest, I have seen a lot of people pinning Zucchini Dishes. In some of them, people even used it as – wait for it- spaghetti. I know! Crazy, but I decided to try it. I am adventurous that way.
I call it Spaghini and it is delish!
The trick here is having one of these things – a Julienne Peeler. Fancy!
Use it on the zucchini and viola – you have spaghetti that is not a carbohydrate!
This made enough to feed me, but it was probably a portion and a half….
2 Zucchinis (I used organic because they are on the Dirty Dozen list)
1 TBS Olive Oil
½ TBS Minced Garlic (more or less if you want)
Pasta Sauce (I used a jarred sauce – I know! Sacrilege! And I just wasted the organic zucchinis…) to taste -I like my food swimming in sauce
- Julienne the Zucchinis
- Heat the Olive Oil in a pan for a minute over medium heat
- Add the Garlic and sauté for around a minute
- Add the Zucchini and allow them to cook up a bit, but stir often.
- Add the Sauce to the Zucchinis
- When everything is nice and hot, put it on a plate and eat!
I added some Pecorino Romano cheese. I also added a piece of bread for dipping, which defeated my ‘bread free’ meal…. Boo Dizee.