Did you know avocados are the new black?
My first foray with this fruit (yep! It is a fruit – I even looked it up!) is guacamole.
Here is my simple recipe
1 ripe avocado
Bunch of cilantro (to taste)
Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Cut the avocado and spoon all the good stuff into a bowl
- Cut and squeeze the lime’s juice into the bowl on top of the avocado
- Add some shredded cilantro on top of the avocado
- Sprinkle on a decent amount of garlic powder and a tad of salt
- Use a fork and mash that bad boy up
In a quintessential Doofy Dizee move, I bought a bag of Garden of Eating’s Red Hot Blue Tortilla Chips to eat with my guac and was completely shocked to realize they were spicy! Doh! I should have read the package a little bit more carefully!