Archive for August, 2011
I decided I needed a little retail therapy – August has sucked out loud….
Total Before Coupons $21.54
Total After Coupons & ECBs (I had $1.99 to use) $.50
Total with Tax : $1.43 !!!!!! plus $1.00 for a future purchase!
So, last week saw Earthquakes, Hurricanes & an Empty Mailbox.
It was a very dull week…. and will continue to be while I am swamped.
SORRY!!!! Next week = FUN WEEK!
Well, as per usual lately, today is going to be very busy. In fact, the WEEK is going to be busy – there have been alot of changes at work & I need to do alot of stuff.
So, another day with infrequent posts. I have also been eating my weight in cookies & ice cream . I blame Irene. Since I lost all the food in my fridge, I have alot of shopping to do.
So bear with me, another week and I should be back to normal (or as close to normal as I get…)
We made it through the storm – 27 hours without power & two kids under 3… We did alot of crafts (Thank you Nick Jr!)
and lost alot of food… but gained a new found respect for the power of the iPad…. So glad I downloaded the Scooby Doo & Team Umizoomi to it….
If you have power, here is a good freebie to request. Seems exciting!!! Lots of samples & coupons!
Click here to get your free sample… I do love Eucerin….
I have ALOT to do at work, so I am not sure how much I am going to post.
I am sure you are devastated…
- Have cash on hand in case power is out
- Make sure your car is full of gas
- Have enough food & water (1 gal/day/person) for 5 days on hand (remember food for the critters too)
- Multiple Flash Lights – including ones for the kiddies. They will inevitably want their own. And extra batteries so you don’t need to worry about conserving power.
- Fill your tub (or buckets) with water so you can flush your toilet in case there is a problem with the water distribution system
- Have an emergency plan (ie: where you all will meet in case of disaster)
- A Go-Kit for the really organized (or those in evacuation zones)
- First Aid Kit
- Prescription items
- Battery Powered Radio
- Change of Clothes
- Important Documents in waterproof containers
Lastly, this was posted on Fox 5… I was pleased to see I was not part of the evacuation zone…. Really, it is the little things that make you happy….
- Long Island – Nassau Resource Guide
- Long Island – Suffolk Resource Guide
- Connecticut Resource Guide
- New Jersey Resource Guide
Any other tips to add????